Walking down the streets of Los Angeles or San Diego, it’s tough to avoid passing a friendly dog at the end of a leash. A dog bite can quickly escalate into a serious and painful injury resulting in expensive medical bills, lost wages due to time off work, and a long recovery time. It is important to have a dog bite attorney on your side to help get maximum compensation for your injury.
Determining who should assume responsibility for the dog bite injury can quickly become a tricky situation, especially if the owner of the animal becomes defensive and denies that their pet did anything wrong. For this reason, it’s always advisable to work with a dog bite lawyer in Los Angeles or San Diego who can review the details of your situation.
A dog bite injury can be both physically and emotionally painful resulting in both lasting scars and a new fear of dogs. Some important steps to take after you’ve been bitten by a dog include:
- Make sure to collect contact information from the dog’s owner
- If you can, ask for witness testimony from those who saw the attack
- Take pictures to document your injury
- Ask to see all records of shots (especially rabies)
- Seek medical attention without delay, dog bites have a tendency to become infected and can lead to serious injuries.
- Call a lawyer to review the details of your situation
At Rostam Law, our Los Angeles and San Diego dog bite attorneys are here to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve experienced a dog bite that resulted in an injury, it’s important to seek experienced legal representation. At Rostam Law, we understand that the road to recovery can be a difficult one. Our team is dedicated to advocating for our clients right to a fair settlement. Call us today at 888.416.5006 to schedule a free initial consultation.