Anyone who lives in Los Angeles or San Diego can tell you that these are cities of drivers. We commute to work, to drop kids off at school, to attend social events, and so on. With this many cars on the road, it’s no surprise that accidents happen frequently. In most cases, the at-fault driver will stop to see if everyone is ok and exchange insurance information. What happens though, when the driver doesn’t stop? When you’ve been involved in a hit and run, things can become challenging. You should learn how a hit and run accident attorney in Los Angeles or San Diego can help.
A hit and run accident can invoke feelings of frustration and anger. Worse is the sense of helplessness. Here are the proactive steps you can take if you’ve been injured in a hit and run accident:
- Call the police and file an official accident report
- Speak with witnesses who saw what happened and document their testimony
- Seek medical attention right away
- Contact a skilled lawyer to help you through the rest of the claims process
- Refrain from talking to your insurance company until your attorney has a chance to speak with them.
Working with an attorney who understands the nuances of a hit and run accident claim can help you receive the compensation you’re entitled to. The attorneys at Rostam Law are here to work with you in order to achieve a fair settlement.
When a driver is so careless that they don’t even stop to see if you’re ok, what recourse do you have? The Los Angeles and San Diego hit and run attorneys at Rostam Law understand how difficult this situation can be and we are here to help. Call us at 888.416.5006 today to schedule a free initial consultation.